A quick easy supper for the working singleton served with my Malay spiced egg-fried rice from the freezer (taken out in the morning to defrost.
Ingredients: serves one (double for two etc)
- 1 escalope of beef (minute steak)
- 1 cup assorted chopped vegetable (onion, peppers, courgette, carrot etc – I use pre-packed)
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- a pinch of hot chilli powder
- a pinch Chinese 5 spice powder
- 1 dessert spoon soy sauce
- a few drops of sesame oil
- dessertspoon of oyster sauce
- cooking oil
- slice the beef into small pieces
- place in a bowl and add the seasoning
- add the sesame oil and soy sauce – stir well and leave to marinade while you open the wine and have a sip or two!
- heat a wok add oil and when smoking add the beef and stir-fry vigorously
- when the meat is sealed add the vegetables
- mix well stir-frying for two minutes
- add the oyster sauce and stir in
- stir-fry for one minute more
- take the rice from the microwave and plate up the beef
- have another glass of wine – you deserve it!
Download or print the recipe here: Spicy beef & vegetables in oyster sauce stirfry